When it comes to the best top for kitchen that looks both elegant and stylish at the same time, then granite is the most obvious choice for most of the people. In the recent times, modern granite countertops Edmonton have seen quite a growth and it has taken a major chunk of the market, accelerating ahead of both cement and the other stone tops. The kitchen marble slab along with the granite not only makes the kitchen look classy but the hardness of the stone gives you a tough surface where you can be least worried about any scratches or breakage on the slab. There are plenty of reasons why the granite is popular and the most preferred choice because this natural stone age gracefully and has plenty of character, with unique and timeless grains, colors that go with the rest of your ambience and customizable finishes. When properly sealed, it’s one of the most durable options out there.
Granite is available in quite a lot of shades like white, black, reds, green, coral and beiges. You can also make designs on the slabs by joining different shades of granite and making a whole length of slab. You can further have the granite on two states of finish – one is the polished finished that gives granite a mirror like shine and surface and makes the shade darker. The other finish is the original state where the finish of the granite of almost same as it has. The cost of the granite depends on the color and the design and the polish adds more to the cost. The granite top is amongst the most favored choice of marble slab suppliers as it is the most favorite and preferred choice of kitchen slab. The advantages of granite are as follows:
1. The granite and the marble tops are strong and are easy to maintain. They age very slowly and they retain their shine. As they have the bulk, they are easy to fix and can withstand weights and abuse.
2. The long slab ensures that there is no or minimum sealing between the slabs. The large piece of slab means no joints that give it a smooth look.
3. Being a very hard material the granites are less prone to scratches and are much more durable than the other kitchen countertops edmonton. They are stain resistant so even if you spill wine or any other substance on it, all you have to do is to clean them with water and you are done.
4. They are safe from sunlight and they don’t lose their shade and shine even if they are exposed to direct heat.
5. Once professionally installed, they give you years of hassle free service.
After considering the above mention points, you can very well see by yourself that why the granite is the most preferred choice in the kitchen top segment. Granite saves you from the additional cost of putting up a lacquer finish or adding up a top at the certain spaces where there are chances of spillage. As granite never stains, you can be sure of using it the way you want.